Tuesday 27 November 2012

Greyson Chance interview with MSN in Malaysia


MSN exclusive: Greyson Chance on Malaysian girls and mee kolok

We caught up with Greyson on his second Malaysian trip this year (seriously, he should consider moving here already!).

Greyson Chance (© Universal Music Malaysia)


Greyson Chance stopped by Malaysia for the second time this year (his last visit was in April) for a special autograph session, with a new EP in tow, titled ‘Truth Be Told Part 1’.
The autograph session took place in F.O.S Mid Valley, where fans waited since 7am to meet the teen pop star. Greyson, as always, was more than accommodating, and signed all exclusive posters for fans who pre-ordered the new official Greyson Chance merchandise from F.O.S. and his new EP, which was released at the end of October.
We caught up for a one-on-one chat with Greyson before his autograph session and grilled him on having a secret Malaysian girlfriend, haters and the enigmatic ‘Laila’.


Greyson Chance (© Universal Music Malaysia)


You’re practically an unofficial Malaysian permanent resident…
Greyson: I know! I have to come to see the fans, they’re so sweet. I love the fans in Malaysia, especially Kuala Lumpur. I love coming here, I feel so welcomed. And now I get to bring them a new EP, ‘Truth Be Told Part 1’. I felt like I needed to come here and launch it.
Do you secretly have a Malaysian girlfriend?
Greyson: No, I wish I did, though! The girls are so beautiful here. I wish I had the time to have a girlfriend.
What’s your favourite Malaysian food and places?
Greyson: Okay, not durian. I was just in Kuching and they have something called “kolok mee”, it’s sooo good! I love KL and I love Kota Kinabalu. I was just there and I got to stay close to the beach, I love it, it’s so beautiful.
Speaking of Kuching, your first Instagram post was of you landing there. How’d that come about?
Greyson: My guitarist, he said, “Bro, you gotta get an Instagram” and he convinced me on that flight. When we landed and had wi-fi, that’s how I started it. I didn’t realise there were so many fake mes on Instagram. I couldn’t get my own name. I had to use a fake name and then later on, they changed it.


Greyson Chance (© Universal Music Malaysia)


Who takes care of Whiskey (Greyson's dog) when you’re away?
Greyson: My dad. My dad has him right now. I think he [Whiskey, his dog] misses me more than I miss him. Let me show you his picture! He’s five months old and I’ve had him for maybe, four months. We rescued him from a shelter.
Greyson then whips out his iPhone and starts showing us all these photos of Whiskey. Too cute!
You have a track called ‘Leila’. Who’s that?
Greyson: A lot of fans ask “Who’s this girl??!” and I’m like “No no no, don’t get it twisted.” Leila is a figment; she’s more of a thing, not a being. To me, Leila is the perfect person who you just fight so hard to get. She has no flaws, she’s beautiful, she’s perfect, and I’m trying to get her. She’s a concept.
So you must have a Leila in your life?
Greyson: No, and that’s the other thing about me writing the song. At the time, I wanted a Leila.
It must be hard to live up to Leila.
Greyson: It’s really tough.


Greyson Chance (© Universal Music Malaysia)


You know Malaysia loves you, but what do you have to say to the haters?
Greyson: I love them, they’re great. Without haters, you’re not gonna have fans. When you have haters, you know you’re doing something right. Come on, haters, I’m ready.
What’s the greatest compliment you’ve received from someone in the music industry?
Greyson: When I performed at Stevie Wonder’s event, and he came up to me and said, “You have a good voice, kid.” I was completely blown away.

creds : MSN entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment